Weather conditions were changed massively for the race this afternoon as teams and riders found already wet conditions during the warm up session earlier today. However, at the time of the race, rain got much heavier to make conditions with low temperatures even more difficult for all involved parties.
Whilst Efren Vazquez was amongst the front runners throughout both days of practice, the experienced Spaniard rode a clever British Grand Prix today, never took too much risk to bring home his Honda machine in ninth position. Vazquez added seven points to his tally and settled in fourth position in the series classification.
August was a busy month for the Moto3™ World Series with three races, so an upcoming two weeks breaks is welcomed for teams and riders. The championship continues in two weeks’ time at the Italian track in Misano with the Gran Premio de San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.
#7 Efren VAZQUEZ – 9th, World Championship position 4th (116 points):
“I think this was one of the most difficult races I did in my career, but we mastered it in the best possible way to finish in ninth position. Anyway, to remain on the bike in these conditions was the most important thing. Of course I went into today’s race with high hopes to give the team a top result like in practice sessions and qualifying, but we got really important points finally. From this point I’m quite pleased because we gained one position in the world standings. So in the next races we need to give our best too.”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018