Weather conditions were changed massively for the race this afternoon as teams and riders found already wet conditions during the warm up session earlier today. However, at the time of the race, rain got much heavier to make conditions with low temperatures even more difficult for all involved parties.
Whilst Efren Vazquez was amongst the front runners throughout both days of practice, the experienced Spaniard rode a clever British Grand Prix today, never took too much risk to bring home his Honda machine in ninth position. Vazquez added seven points to his tally and settled in fourth position in the series classification.
August was a busy month for the Moto3™ World Series with three races, so an upcoming two weeks breaks is welcomed for teams and riders. The championship continues in two weeks’ time at the Italian track in Misano with the Gran Premio de San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.
#7 Efren VAZQUEZ – 9th, World Championship position 4th (116 points):
“I think this was one of the most difficult races I did in my career, but we mastered it in the best possible way to finish in ninth position. Anyway, to remain on the bike in these conditions was the most important thing. Of course I went into today’s race with high hopes to give the team a top result like in practice sessions and qualifying, but we got really important points finally. From this point I’m quite pleased because we gained one position in the world standings. So in the next races we need to give our best too.”
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018