After the first two days of the British Grand Prix with perfect conditions, the famous British weather appeared today at Silverstone just before the warm up lap for the MotoGP race, and with all riders on the grid on dry settings and tyres, the Race Direction red-flagged and delayed the race start.
Hector Barbera made a good start, but his bike was hit by some debris when Hernandez crashed in the first corner. Barbera ran wide, lost some time and crossed the line in last position after the first lap. But he kept focussed and despite losing a part of the windscreen of his bike, the Avintia Racing rider started to recover places to cross the line 13th and get three valuable points to increase his Open Class lead over Loris Baz.
The MotoGP World Championship will continue in two weeks time at Misano for the San Marino Grand Prix.
HECTOR BARBERA #8 / 13th (P2 Open) @HectorBarbera
Today was difficult, because when we first started, it was impossible to ride in these conditions and the race was red-flagged to start again in wet conditions. You go to the grid thinking at one race and suddenly everything changes. I made a really good start from the outside, but Yonny crashed out and one piece of his faring hit my windscreen. I dropped back to the last position and again I had to make a recovery race… Finally we were 13th and although we didn’t win the Open Class, we arrived at Silverstone with five points advantage over the second in the standings and we leave with eight. Three points in this class are a lot, so I’m happy. You have to be there in the hard races and today we did it. I want to thank my team their hard work, because here I was not at my best, but they helped me to make the things easier.
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- It’s race time! Sleek MotoGP Designs for your mobile device March 23, 2018
- Back to Buriram as the Asia Talent Cup race back-to-back March 23, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018