After the first two days of the British Grand Prix with perfect conditions, the famous British weather appeared today at Silverstone just before the warm up lap for the MotoGP race, and with all riders on the grid on dry settings and tyres, the Race Direction red-flagged and delayed the race start.
Hector Barbera made a good start, but his bike was hit by some debris when Hernandez crashed in the first corner. Barbera ran wide, lost some time and crossed the line in last position after the first lap. But he kept focussed and despite losing a part of the windscreen of his bike, the Avintia Racing rider started to recover places to cross the line 13th and get three valuable points to increase his Open Class lead over Loris Baz.
The MotoGP World Championship will continue in two weeks time at Misano for the San Marino Grand Prix.
HECTOR BARBERA #8 / 13th (P2 Open) @HectorBarbera
Today was difficult, because when we first started, it was impossible to ride in these conditions and the race was red-flagged to start again in wet conditions. You go to the grid thinking at one race and suddenly everything changes. I made a really good start from the outside, but Yonny crashed out and one piece of his faring hit my windscreen. I dropped back to the last position and again I had to make a recovery race… Finally we were 13th and although we didn’t win the Open Class, we arrived at Silverstone with five points advantage over the second in the standings and we leave with eight. Three points in this class are a lot, so I’m happy. You have to be there in the hard races and today we did it. I want to thank my team their hard work, because here I was not at my best, but they helped me to make the things easier.
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018