The Repsol riders faced tricky conditions at the British Grand Prix with Jorge Navarro and Maria Herrera both crashing and being forced to retire from the race.
Morning rainfall at Silverstone had a big effect on the Moto3 contest –especially its early stages. Several riders crashed out on the initial laps, among them Jorge Navarro –who fell at the second corner of the first lap. He was thus unable to take advantage of the form that had given him a first Grand Prix pole position in the qualifying session yesterday.
A few laps later, Maria Herrera met with the same fate. The Repsol rider, who was up in an impressive fourth position, crashed on Lap 6. Although she managed to get back on track, but had to retire due to damage to her bike.
“Today’s race was a lottery and we were unlucky, but we’re happy because we had a very good weekend, were strong in every session and I got my first pole. Everyone knows that wet races are difficult and, although in the warm-up I felt comfortable on the bike, in the race Hanika fell in front of me and I touched the brakes lightly, losing the front end. That’s racing and you learn from it. We are improving every day and if we continue like this, the reward will come.”
“It was a shame. I was riding very well and was comfortable, but my foot slipped on the pedal and the bike swerved to where the asphalt was very slippery, causing me to crash. I didn’t get the bike started again until everyone else had overtaken me, and when I got back on track I could tell that the brake was not in good shape, so I had to stop. It was a shame as I was high up the order and had good pace, but nevertheless I’m happy with the weekend we had. Now we have to think about Misano.”
Source: Repsol Media
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018