After the summer break, the Moto3 Junior World Championship and the Moto2 and Superbikes European Championship resume the competition this weekend at the Albacete Circuit. The smallest displacement category reaches its fifth round of the year with all the options open for the two clear title contenders: Aron Canet and Joan Mir, separated by only 6 points.
That is not the same situation in the rest of the classes, as Edgar Pons leads Moto2 with an advantage of 39 points and Carmelo Morales leads the Superbike class ‒ which will have two races on Sunday ‒ with a margin of 33 points.
As it happens in each round of the FIM CEV Repsol, riders from all over the world will attend their appointment with the series that are the stepping stone of the World Championship from countries as far from Spain as Brazil, Malaysia, Australia or Indonesia, among others.
They all have to deal with long trips during the season that usually mean a lot of hours in a plane and having to adapt themselves to a different time zone. An effort that these riders consider worthwhile in order to complete their learning process and their training in a championship as demanding as this.
The schedule for the Sunday races (local time) is:
11:00 – Superbike
12:00 – Moto2
13:00 – Moto3
14:00 – Superbike
We’re happy to say that we have crew on the ground this race weekend, and hope to share some interviews and photos of some of the championship’s rising talent with you in the days to come.
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018