After the summer break, the Moto3 Junior World Championship and the Moto2 and Superbikes European Championship resume the competition this weekend at the Albacete Circuit. The smallest displacement category reaches its fifth round of the year with all the options open for the two clear title contenders: Aron Canet and Joan Mir, separated by only 6 points.
That is not the same situation in the rest of the classes, as Edgar Pons leads Moto2 with an advantage of 39 points and Carmelo Morales leads the Superbike class ‒ which will have two races on Sunday ‒ with a margin of 33 points.
As it happens in each round of the FIM CEV Repsol, riders from all over the world will attend their appointment with the series that are the stepping stone of the World Championship from countries as far from Spain as Brazil, Malaysia, Australia or Indonesia, among others.
They all have to deal with long trips during the season that usually mean a lot of hours in a plane and having to adapt themselves to a different time zone. An effort that these riders consider worthwhile in order to complete their learning process and their training in a championship as demanding as this.
The schedule for the Sunday races (local time) is:
11:00 – Superbike
12:00 – Moto2
13:00 – Moto3
14:00 – Superbike
We’re happy to say that we have crew on the ground this race weekend, and hope to share some interviews and photos of some of the championship’s rising talent with you in the days to come.
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018