Following the recent announcement of Hiroki Ono’s injury, the Leopard Racing Team has announced that Joan Mir will compete in his place in the race at Philip Island alongside Danny Kent and Efren Vazquez.
The 18 year old young Palma de Mallorca born rider Joan Mir Mayrata is already part of Leopard Racing’s junior programme in the FIM CEV Repsol Junior World Championship in Moto3 class this year and he will make his step to World Championship level next year with the team.
#36 Joan MIR
“I’m really happy to join Leopard Racing for Philip Island. For sure the first goal this weekend will be to gain experience for next year. I would like to thank the team warmly for this great opportunity.”
Miodrag KOTUR (LR)
“We are pleased to welcome Joan with us for the Australian race. We know Joan very well of course as he is part of our junior program. He has a ‘big heart’ and we know that he will give his best. His aim is to become familiar with us for next year. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to wish a speedy recovery to Hiroki, we hope we will see him racing soon.”
Source: Leopard Racing
- Dorna and ITDC set to bring MotoGP™ to Indonesia
- Masia outruns Fenati on Day 3
- Binder vs Lowes on Day 3 in Jerez
- Introducing…the MotoGP™ Podcast!
- Aprilia: the 2019 MotoGP™ challenge has begun
- Marquez, Binder, Navarro within a tenth on Day 2
- Canet closes out Day 2 on top
- Tony Skillington appointed FIM Chief Executive Officer