Octo Telematics today announced it will be the title sponsor of this year’s Silverstone FIM MotoGP World Championship – the Octo British Grand Prix MotoGP™. The agreement with the series’ commercial promoter Dorna Sports SL sees Octo Telematics take the complete sponsorship package for the second year running.
The 12th round of the 2016 FIM MotoGP World Championship will take place at the Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, Great Britain, on 2nd – 4th September 2016.
Octo Telematics has a strong commitment to MotoGP and is the current title sponsor for the Octo Pramac Racing MotoGP team. Octo also has a deep interest in the broad automotive sector. As the Global leader in Insurance Telematics, connecting over 4m consumers with over 90 global industry partners, Octo is at the forefront of Telemetry technology and has developed the powerful analytics that are transforming the insurance industry. Whether it’s on the track or the public highways, Octo is constantly improving algorithms that assess contextual driving behavior crash alerts and accident reconstruction, ultimately to make the roads safer.
Fabio Sbianchi, CEO, Octo Telematics said: “Octo is an international business with a strong interest in the innovative UK market, so we are delighted to be renewing our sponsorship of the Octo British Grand Prix. Telematics technology has a key role to play in international motor sports, but it’s also important for every driver and we’re proud of our commitment to delivering continued innovation for the benefit of all. We were really pleased to see Danilo Petrucci of Octo Pramac Racing on the podium at Silverstone in 2015 and we are excited about Scott Redding riding in his home GP. We are looking forward to another exciting round in the UK and a competitive season.”
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director of the Commercial Area at Dorna Sports, commented: “We’re very pleased to continue our relationship with Octo at the MotoGP World Championship at Silverstone. Octo is the global brand leader in telematics and is the ideal partner for the MotoGP World Championship, where cutting edge technology and innovation is so important.”
Octo Telematics provides actionable data for auto insurance companies, car makers, car rental companies and fleet managers through the world’s biggest telematics database. Its integrated technology enables greater car connectivity as well as pioneering a fast-growing range of specialist applications.
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- Through the pain barrier: Pedrosa's superhuman performance April 22, 2018
- Bagnaia vs Marquez: a battle royal in Austin April 22, 2018
- Closing in at COTA: Marquez takes Texas, Dovi takes the lead April 22, 2018
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection in a classic Texan tangle April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Marquez' tail in Texas Warm Up April 22, 2018