Avintia Racing rider Hector Barbera got a place in Q2 after clocking eighth fastest time in the morning and this afternoon he fought hard to finish tenth in the classification, so tomorrow he’ll start the race from the fourth row of the grid.
Partly cloudy, but mainly sunny, summer returned to Spielberg today and the temperatures were warmer than yesterday, with 25 degrees. In these conditions, Hector improved his feeling on the ultrafast Austrian track. Although he would have liked to be on the third row, Barbera is quite satisfied with his performance during the weekend and he is ready to race.
Hector Barbera | 1’23.822 | P10
“To be honest, I’m a little bit disappointed, because it’s a shame to get into Q2 and finish tenth. Anyway, I think the weekend has been quite positive so far and we improved our performance in every exit. I was able to improve my lap times from the test, despite the modification of the last corner that makes the track slower, so we have to be satisfied. I think we are ready to race, because my pace with the harder tyre was good during FP4, and I’ll give my best in the race. I have a group in front of me with Aleix, Crutchlow and Redding that is a good reference for the race. Let’s see how the weather will be, because it has been changing a lot during the weekend. But we are ready to fight until the last lap”.
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle