A bitter weekend for the Team Leopard Racing duo, who return home without being able to collect any championship points. A pity after both Miguel Oliveira and teammate Danny Kent had managed a good start from the back, asserting themselves in the early stages of the race.
Starting from 22nd on the grid, Miguel Oliveira was conducting an intelligent and aggressive race. He soon found himself on the threshold of the top ten. Unfortunately, he began to suffer from the problems of the previous days, losing the front at Turn 7.
Able to remount but unable to make any serious gains, Oliveira eventually crossed the line in 17th position, out of the points.
#44 Miguel OLIVEIRA – 17th:
“A difficult weekend. Fortunately in the race I chose the right lines to overtake. I took advantage of fighting ahead to get close, so as to make it into the Top Ten, having started from 22nd position. Up to half of the race I was going very well, although with the front I was at the limit and in fact I slipped, ruining the end result we could have gotten. Let’s take the positive side and we look forward to the next race at Aragon.”
Source: Leopard Racing
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017