A bitter weekend for the Team Leopard Racing duo, who return home without being able to collect any championship points. A pity after both Miguel Oliveira and teammate Danny Kent had managed a good start from the back, asserting themselves in the early stages of the race.
Starting from 22nd on the grid, Miguel Oliveira was conducting an intelligent and aggressive race. He soon found himself on the threshold of the top ten. Unfortunately, he began to suffer from the problems of the previous days, losing the front at Turn 7.
Able to remount but unable to make any serious gains, Oliveira eventually crossed the line in 17th position, out of the points.
#44 Miguel OLIVEIRA – 17th:
“A difficult weekend. Fortunately in the race I chose the right lines to overtake. I took advantage of fighting ahead to get close, so as to make it into the Top Ten, having started from 22nd position. Up to half of the race I was going very well, although with the front I was at the limit and in fact I slipped, ruining the end result we could have gotten. Let’s take the positive side and we look forward to the next race at Aragon.”
Source: Leopard Racing
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen July 25, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017