A bitter weekend for the Team Leopard Racing duo, who return home without being able to collect any championship points. A pity after both Miguel Oliveira and teammate Danny Kent had managed a good start from the back, asserting themselves in the early stages of the race.
Starting from 22nd on the grid, Miguel Oliveira was conducting an intelligent and aggressive race. He soon found himself on the threshold of the top ten. Unfortunately, he began to suffer from the problems of the previous days, losing the front at Turn 7.
Able to remount but unable to make any serious gains, Oliveira eventually crossed the line in 17th position, out of the points.
#44 Miguel OLIVEIRA – 17th:
“A difficult weekend. Fortunately in the race I chose the right lines to overtake. I took advantage of fighting ahead to get close, so as to make it into the Top Ten, having started from 22nd position. Up to half of the race I was going very well, although with the front I was at the limit and in fact I slipped, ruining the end result we could have gotten. Let’s take the positive side and we look forward to the next race at Aragon.”
Source: Leopard Racing
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018