Albert Arenas will jump up to the World Championship permanently with Mahindra Aspar Team in 2017. The Spanish rider, who is currently fighting in the Moto3 Junior World Championship with MRW Mahindra Aspar Team, will continue on a Mahindra MGP30 and will team with Italian Lorenzo Dalla Porta.
The rider from Girona, born in 1996, started 2016 after finishing runner-up in the Moto3 Junior World Championship. During the season, Arenas and the MRW Mahindra Aspar Team have made significant progress and finished on the podium at the Barcelona round. Furthermore, the Catalan rider has done several races in the Moto3 World Championship with two distinct roles: first as a guest rider with Mahindra Aspar Team and later as substitute Alexis Masbou. The Catalan has taken part in a total of nine races to date.
Arenas began his career racing in regional motocross and enduro championships and it was not until he was nine years that he began riding on asphalt, always alternating with other forms of motorcycling. Since 2008, the Catalan has focused on improving his speed, getting several regional, national and even European titles in the process. He later went on to compete in the CEV, both in the Spanish version and the current World Championship one, taking multiple wins and podiums.
Jorge Martinez “Aspar”:
“We are excited to continue with Albert Arenas and give continuity to a project that started this season in the Moto3 Junior World Championship. We work with a clear mission to bring young riders to the World Championship and we want to keep achieving good results with Albert next season. We know that Mahindra will give us the tools we need to fight for the highest positions. “
“I am very happy to get to the World Championship on a permanent basis with this team and I am very happy to have this opportunity. We will be very close and I am very motivated and want to learn the bike and all of the team. I know that Mahindra is doing a good job, and I have more desire than ever to start this new adventure. “
Source: Aspar Media
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018