An intense round of qualifying practice this afternoon at Twin Ring Motegi, the scene of the fifteenth round of the 2016 World Championship. On the 4.8 km of the Japanese track, the riders riders of Leopard Racing team gave their all in the decisive session to set their starting grid of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan.
Fourteenth position turned out to be the best possible outcome for Joan Mir, the 19 year old from Mallorca, in the running for the Rookie-of-the-Year, as he continued his apprenticeship at Twin Ring.
He continually improved his best time by precious tenths, showing a steady pace which bodes well for tomorrow. Several times already this season Mir has treated us to great comebacks. He, a true “racing animal”, will give 100% on track.
Tomorrow at 8:40 Warm Up will begin: a preview of the fifteenth race of the 2016 season that will start at 11:00 o’clock.
#36 Joan MIR – 14th (1’57.062):
“It been a difficult day for us, we have not discovered he right strategy and ninth was the best I could do. I was able to take advantage of any some slipstream to help learn the circuit better. A shame about the 14th position, but we are also left behind and then we were able to get ahead in the race. I know I have a good rhythm.”
Source: Leopard Racing
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018