Tito Rabat finished a morale-boosting 18th in today’s Malaysina Grand Prix at Sepang having openly admitted that he struggled in the rain during practice and qualifying.
Rabat’s rookie season in MotoGP continues to be a steep learning curve and the tricky conditions at the Sepang International Circuit and completing the race distance was another step in that process.
For the season finale at Valencia in two weeks Rabat is hoping for a weekend of settled weather to consolidate his first season in the premier class.
Tito Rabat: 18th
“Considering the disaster of qualifying in the rain and my struggle for confidence on a wet track it is very satisfying to make a good step in the race. Completing the race distance in difficult conditions gives me a lot of experience for the future. Today I knew my limit especially with the lean angle and I did not go over it even though I would like to be closer to the front.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018