On the occasion of the Valencia GP, the entire Aprilia Racing team will dress all in red, in fact, in (RED), starting with the RS-GP machines ridden by Bautista and Bradl, in order to celebrate the Piaggio Group’s support for (RED), the association founded by Bono and Bobby Shriver to contribute to programmes in the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in developing countries.
The Valencia GP round will be a special occasion for Aprilia Racing. For the last race of the 2016 season, the entire team will dress in red and the Aprilia RS-GP bikes will be on the track in a special livery, bathed in the same colour, where only the (RED) logo will appear to celebrate the association that has distinguished itself over the years with its efforts in policies of the fight against diseases that represent one of the biggest problems of our times. This unprecedented initiative makes Aprilia Racing and the entire Piaggio Group proud to be promoters and protagonists of it.
And to coincide with the Valencia race, the hashtag #iRideRED arrives, to be shared full throttle and to participate in the most important race, the one against the HIV virus and other terrible diseases (find details at https://www.STDAware.com/how-it-works).
Founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver, (RED) has contributed $360 million to the Global Fund in the battle against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. These funds have arrived in Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia. 100% of the resources have been invested in Africa to finance programmes intended to fight HIV/AIDS. (RED)’s support for the Global Fund has had an impact on more than 70 million people with prevention, treatment and consulting operations, as well as HIV tests and assistance services.
Aprilia Racing and the Piaggio Group have reached out to thank all the partners, the sponsors and the riders who, with great sensitivity and maturity, have collaborated to make such an important, high social profile project successful, agreeing to the creation of the RS-GP in the livery entirely dedicated to (RED).
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018