The last round of the 2016 season, the Valencia GP, began today at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Cheste with the first two free practice sessions.
World Champion Marc Marquez was third in a cold first session, in which the asphalt temperature barely reached 12ºC, and took a step forward in the second run, closing the day in second place with a time of 1:30.710.
Repsol Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa, returning to action for the first time since suffering an injury at the Japanese GP, was twelfth in the morning free practice and finished tenth overall, with a time of 1:31.358.
“Today went quite well and I think the overall assessment has to be positive, because it’s important to start well. We focused our work on testing all of the tyres; in the morning we used the soft compound for both the front and rear and did quite a few laps with them. In the afternoon I rode the entire time with the hard front and rear. We did a lot of laps to test the different carcasses of the front tyre, and I think we’ve taken a good step forward. We ended the day happy with the work we had done, and tomorrow we’ll try to continue in the same way, because I think that along with Lorenzo, Rossi and Viñales, we’re all at a very similar level. I’m happy with my pace, but I think tomorrow we can improve it a little more.”
“Today was a positive day overall, but it was also difficult because I still lack strength and have some pain. I’m also having trouble with my right leg, as was to be expected. Luckily this circuit has mostly left-hand corners, which is quite a relief. Today we haven’t worked so much on the setup of the bike, and we’ve focused on riding and getting a good feeling. This is the first time I’ve put my body under such demand since my injury, and I’m pretty tired, so now I just have to rest with tomorrow in mind. We’ll see how I feel and try to improve, although we have to go step by step.”
Source: Repsol Media
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018