Tito Rabat completed his rookie MotoGP season with Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS with 17th place after finding an impressive burst of extra pace in the race.
Rabat has been unfazed by the pressure of his first year in MotoGP and took some valuable lessons away from Valencia in a tight battle with Eugene Laverty over the final laps. At the finish Rabat was just three seconds behind teammate Miller.
Rabat finished the season on 29 points and 21st in the standings.
Preparations for the 2017 season begin at Valencia on Tuesday with Rabat scheduled for the end-of-season two-day test.
Tito Rabat: 17th
“My priority was to not crash and finish the race so it has been a positive end to the season for me, I have learnt a lot. I had good feeling after a couple of laps and was able to make a good pace but as the tyres went down I lost some feeling. But I had a good battle with Kallio, Baz and finally Laverty and we touched a couple of times in the final laps. But I stayed calm and confident and understood where I can make improvements in the future. Now I’m looking forward to the test here on Tuesday to begin preparations for next season.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018