Total are to stay on board with the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship as official fuel supplier to Moto2™ and Moto3™ for another three years, until 2019. Founded in 1924, the company is a global integrated energy producer and provider, and in 2016 has supplied fuel to both the Moto2™ and Moto3™ FIM World Championships: an important challenge set to continue for three more seasons.
Total Additifs & Carburants Spéciaux combines additive and special fuel formulation and production activities for such projections, and racing fuels are one of their most important undertakings – distributing them throughout the world under the ELF and TOTAL brands.
The Moto3™ World Championship runs single cylinder 250cc four-stroke engines whereas a 600cc inline four cylinder four-stroke powers Moto2™ machines. Both classes have quite different technical regulations, but both are critical for rider development in the World Championship.
The Moto3™ class provides young up and coming riders with an entry point onto the world stage and in Moto2™, younger riders battle it out with veterans who have spent years racing at the top level; honing a rider’s abilities as well as teaching them how to ride heavier bikes on their way to MotoGP™.
High quality race fuel ensures that these riders are able to maximise their time on track and help guarantee their machine is issue free.
Pierre-Gautier Caloni, Vice President of Total Sponsoring & Motorsport Division:
“Total is very happy to reinforce this role as exclusive fuel supplier for the next 3 years in the Moto2™ & Moto3™ FIM World Championships. This strong partnership with DORNA confirms our permanent involvement with highest technological performances for moto racing, where Total Sponsoring & Motorsports Division and Total Additifs & Carburants Spéciaux are already active in MotoGP™ supporting top teams; providing the best products and technical support.”
Pau Serracanta, Managing Director – Commercial Area, Dorna:
“We are thrilled to have Total remain on board as the official fuel supplier to both the Moto2 and Moto3 World Championships. Ensuring that bikes run smoothly is important during the early stages of a rider’s career, allowing them to spend the maximum amount of time on track and therefore gather the most information they can. Total are committed to delivering a high standard of product, and with fuel playing such an integral role in motorcycle racing it is important to have the right supplier. We look forward to seeing what further advancements they make.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017