In the opening round of the 2017 Moto3 season, Arón Canet took a positive fourth place at Losail. The Spaniard just missed out on the podium, whilst his teammate Enea Bastianini placed sixteenth.
Canet, eighth on the grid, was tenth on the first few corners and Bastianini, who took off from eighteenth position, gained a position on Lap 1.
The furthest down the order Canet would drop would be on Lap 6, when he was tenth in a group of thirteen riders. On the antepenultimate lap, he was up into second.
Source: Repsol Media
- Dovizioso: ominously confident?
- Rabat: “We had a very good setup from the start”
- Marquez makes “huge step” from Malaysia in Qatar
- Qatar Test: Day 1 gallery
- Viñales and Rins face off on Day 1
- Rins fastest at the mid-point on Day 1
- Dorna and ITDC set to bring MotoGP™ to Indonesia
- Masia outruns Fenati on Day 3