Jorge Lorenzo’s debut race for Ducati proved to be a tough one. The rider from Mallorca started well from row 4, but on the opening lap he went wide at Turn 5 and dropped to sixteenth.
Jorge then began a recovery through the field, lapping at the same times as the leading group which took him into ninth position by the mid-point. Six laps from the end however Lorenzo had to slow his pace and he finished the race in eleventh place.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 11th
“It was a very complicated race from all aspects. I started off well, but on the opening lap I went wide and lost a lot of positions, and this conditioned me in my efforts to get back up. Then I felt better on the bike and I started to lap at the same pace as the leaders, but unfortunately in the final part of the race I started to lose confidence in the tyres and my bike became a lot more physical to ride, so I had to slow the pace and I was unable to finish in the top 10. I want to be positive about things however, even though my first race with Ducati didn’t go the way we expected. It’s true that we are just at the start, and we know we’ve got a lot of work to do.”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017