It was a short debut Moto2 race for Federal Oil Gresini’s Jorge Navarro today at Losail International Circuit, as the Spanish rider was forced to pull out of the encounter with 11 laps to go after crashing unhurt at turn 7.
Moments before the crash, Navarro went wide at turn one and did his utmost not to lose too much ground but eventually ended up falling off his Kalex Honda machine #9. The team will now analyse the data and come up with a plan to attack the next Grand Prix of the season in Argentina, which takes place in a fortnight’s time.
Team Manager Fausto Gresini said: “It’s definitely a pity to finish the race with a crash, given the hard work both Jorge and his crew have done during the weekend. This is part of racing, though, and part of his racing experience, all he needs is just a bit more time. Jorge needs to stay focused, the team will help him out and results will come. I’m not worried one bit.”
“It’s been a difficult weekend for us. We tried something different this morning during warm up but it didn’t really make much of a difference. My feeling with the bike is not there yet and during the race I did all I could, but I hit false neutral at the end of the main straight and ended up wide. I tried to make up as much ground as possible, but I lost the front not long afterwards. It’s a shame to come out empty handed as the goal was to finish the race. We have to stay together and work hard in order to be ready for Argentina.”
- Aragon GP, raceday roundup – MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 September 24, 2017
- Alex Rins finihes 17th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales raced to hard-fought 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Master-class race for Marquez and Pedrosa, first and second at Motorland Aragon September 24, 2017
- Podium finish for Jorge Lorenzo in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Jorge Martin 4th in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Rossi: “Until a week ago I didn’t know if I could race" September 24, 2017
- Pedrosa: “I didn’t know how the race would develop” September 24, 2017
- Marquez: “I took a lot of risk” September 24, 2017
- Lorenzo: “The victory is very close!” September 24, 2017
- First and second to Aleix Viu ends the season in Aragon September 24, 2017
- Tipping the scales: Marquez stamps his authority on Aragon September 24, 2017