It was a short debut Moto2 race for Federal Oil Gresini’s Jorge Navarro today at Losail International Circuit, as the Spanish rider was forced to pull out of the encounter with 11 laps to go after crashing unhurt at turn 7.
Moments before the crash, Navarro went wide at turn one and did his utmost not to lose too much ground but eventually ended up falling off his Kalex Honda machine #9. The team will now analyse the data and come up with a plan to attack the next Grand Prix of the season in Argentina, which takes place in a fortnight’s time.
Team Manager Fausto Gresini said: “It’s definitely a pity to finish the race with a crash, given the hard work both Jorge and his crew have done during the weekend. This is part of racing, though, and part of his racing experience, all he needs is just a bit more time. Jorge needs to stay focused, the team will help him out and results will come. I’m not worried one bit.”
“It’s been a difficult weekend for us. We tried something different this morning during warm up but it didn’t really make much of a difference. My feeling with the bike is not there yet and during the race I did all I could, but I hit false neutral at the end of the main straight and ended up wide. I tried to make up as much ground as possible, but I lost the front not long afterwards. It’s a shame to come out empty handed as the goal was to finish the race. We have to stay together and work hard in order to be ready for Argentina.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017
- Binder: “Every time I get on the bike I feel better” July 21, 2017