Tech3 Racing Team rider Xavi Vierge produced a determined display under the floodlights to seize a solid top ten finish as he outlined his intentions for the 2017 Moto2 season.
The young Spaniard began the sprint from 8th on the grid and quickly set into a firm and consistent pace which saw him remain in the highly competitive pack. Eventually, after pushing non-stop, Vierge met the chequered flag in 9th, but just 0.012 behind Lorenzo Baldassarri after a nail-biting dash to the flag.
“In general, this weekend went very positively for me and I feel that we have started the season really well with this ninth place finish and we can go home feeling satisfied. I had two or three issues during this entire event but the Tech3 crew worked hard and they found the solutions quite quickly, which I am more than pleased about. I began the race a bit higher up on the grid than last year, but I need to work a bit more on the traction in order to make another step in front during the GP. Thanks again to the guys for their work and I am looking forward to getting back on the bike in Argentina.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017