Tech3 Racing Team rider Xavi Vierge produced a determined display under the floodlights to seize a solid top ten finish as he outlined his intentions for the 2017 Moto2 season.
The young Spaniard began the sprint from 8th on the grid and quickly set into a firm and consistent pace which saw him remain in the highly competitive pack. Eventually, after pushing non-stop, Vierge met the chequered flag in 9th, but just 0.012 behind Lorenzo Baldassarri after a nail-biting dash to the flag.
“In general, this weekend went very positively for me and I feel that we have started the season really well with this ninth place finish and we can go home feeling satisfied. I had two or three issues during this entire event but the Tech3 crew worked hard and they found the solutions quite quickly, which I am more than pleased about. I began the race a bit higher up on the grid than last year, but I need to work a bit more on the traction in order to make another step in front during the GP. Thanks again to the guys for their work and I am looking forward to getting back on the bike in Argentina.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018