Tech3 Racing Team rider Xavi Vierge produced a determined display under the floodlights to seize a solid top ten finish as he outlined his intentions for the 2017 Moto2 season.
The young Spaniard began the sprint from 8th on the grid and quickly set into a firm and consistent pace which saw him remain in the highly competitive pack. Eventually, after pushing non-stop, Vierge met the chequered flag in 9th, but just 0.012 behind Lorenzo Baldassarri after a nail-biting dash to the flag.
“In general, this weekend went very positively for me and I feel that we have started the season really well with this ninth place finish and we can go home feeling satisfied. I had two or three issues during this entire event but the Tech3 crew worked hard and they found the solutions quite quickly, which I am more than pleased about. I began the race a bit higher up on the grid than last year, but I need to work a bit more on the traction in order to make another step in front during the GP. Thanks again to the guys for their work and I am looking forward to getting back on the bike in Argentina.”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017