Tricky weather conditions at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit affected the qualifying day for Team SUZUKI ECSTAR, with Alex Rins struggling to find the right touch with his GSX-RR in the rain and ending up in 23rd position.
This first go with a MotoGP machine in wet conditions was tricky for Alex Rins. His injury to the right ankle affected his performance, and the feeling with the bike in such difficult conditions could still be improved. Not being in top condition, he couldn’t do better than 1’52.340, and he will start from the last row in the grid.
“Today due to my physical condition and the tricky weather it was a very complicated Q1. In FP4 I felt good and I took it easy, to get a good feel with the bike in wet conditions, which we had never experienced before. But in Q1 I did not feel comfortable with the bike at all. I have not been able to improve on my times from the previous session. It cost me a lot in the accelerations, and to be honest my physical condition did not help either. Tomorrow we will take advantage of the race to continue learning, because it is in the race where we can gain more experience in this new category.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018