The Red Bull KTM MotoGP Factory Racing Team took another step forward onboard the the KTM RC16 this weekend at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit in Argentina with factory riders Pol Espargaro (ESP) and Bradley Smith (GBR) qualifying in eighteenth and nineteenth position on wet tarmac.
The team is all on a sharp learning curve with the KTM RC16 MotoGP bike as they prepare to race only their second round in the premiere class of the world championship. However Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith qualified at 18th and 19th to already show an improvement on their first race in Qatar two weeks ago at the season’s opener.
“I think we could have even done more today and been more in front, but overall we’re better than we were in Qatar. Obviously we’re improving, but we need to continue this way. It looks like the race tomorrow will be in dry conditions, not in the wet like in qualifying today so everything is going to change. We’ll start a bit more in front that we did in Qatar so it’s a bit better, but in the dry it will also be a matter of the best choice of tire. We need to have a good start and at least to be fighting with them in the first laps, and then do a good race.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018