Dark clouds greeted the MotoGP riders on the morning of qualifying day at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain began to fall shortly before the start of the FP3 session. As a result, the two Ducati Team riders did not have a chance to improve their times from yesterday and had to take part in Q1 early in the afternoon.
Jorge Lorenzo, sixth in Q1, will start from row 6 three places behind his team-mate.
The Argentina GP is scheduled to get underway at 4 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’50.310 (16th)
“It was a pity about today’s rain, because I’m sure we could have improved our position in dry conditions a lot. Unfortunately in both FP3 and Q1 we couldn’t take advantage of the improvements that we found with a new riding position on the bike, even though I know I still need time to get used to it. Tomorrow however it should be dry and let’s see if I can manage to put in a better performance in the race than I did in practice.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018