Dark clouds greeted the MotoGP riders on the morning of qualifying day at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain began to fall shortly before the start of the FP3 session. As a result, the two Ducati Team riders did not have a chance to improve their times from yesterday and had to take part in Q1 early in the afternoon.
Jorge Lorenzo, sixth in Q1, will start from row 6 three places behind his team-mate.
The Argentina GP is scheduled to get underway at 4 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’50.310 (16th)
“It was a pity about today’s rain, because I’m sure we could have improved our position in dry conditions a lot. Unfortunately in both FP3 and Q1 we couldn’t take advantage of the improvements that we found with a new riding position on the bike, even though I know I still need time to get used to it. Tomorrow however it should be dry and let’s see if I can manage to put in a better performance in the race than I did in practice.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017