Dark clouds greeted the MotoGP riders on the morning of qualifying day at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain began to fall shortly before the start of the FP3 session. As a result, the two Ducati Team riders did not have a chance to improve their times from yesterday and had to take part in Q1 early in the afternoon.
Jorge Lorenzo, sixth in Q1, will start from row 6 three places behind his team-mate.
The Argentina GP is scheduled to get underway at 4 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’50.310 (16th)
“It was a pity about today’s rain, because I’m sure we could have improved our position in dry conditions a lot. Unfortunately in both FP3 and Q1 we couldn’t take advantage of the improvements that we found with a new riding position on the bike, even though I know I still need time to get used to it. Tomorrow however it should be dry and let’s see if I can manage to put in a better performance in the race than I did in practice.”
- Pol Espargaro retires from Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Jorge Lorenzo takes ninth place in Austin April 24, 2017
- Alvaro Bautista recovers from crash to take a point in Texas April 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales crashes out of Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Aleix Espargaro finishes Americas GP despite mid-race pit stop April 24, 2017
- Jorge Navarro takes more points in Texas April 24, 2017
- Rossi: “I had two choices – go straight or crash!” April 23, 2017
- Viñales: “It was a really strange crash" April 23, 2017
- Crutchlow: “I took too long to pass Zarco" April 23, 2017
- Pedrosa: “Leading the race was amazing” April 23, 2017
- Marquez: “The battle with Viñales will arrive” April 23, 2017
- Five by five: magic for Marquez and a crash for Viñales April 23, 2017