Dark clouds greeted the MotoGP riders on the morning of qualifying day at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain began to fall shortly before the start of the FP3 session. As a result, the two Ducati Team riders did not have a chance to improve their times from yesterday and had to take part in Q1 early in the afternoon.
Jorge Lorenzo, sixth in Q1, will start from row 6 three places behind his team-mate.
The Argentina GP is scheduled to get underway at 4 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’50.310 (16th)
“It was a pity about today’s rain, because I’m sure we could have improved our position in dry conditions a lot. Unfortunately in both FP3 and Q1 we couldn’t take advantage of the improvements that we found with a new riding position on the bike, even though I know I still need time to get used to it. Tomorrow however it should be dry and let’s see if I can manage to put in a better performance in the race than I did in practice.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017
- Binder: “Every time I get on the bike I feel better” July 21, 2017