Dark clouds greeted the MotoGP riders on the morning of qualifying day at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit and the rain began to fall shortly before the start of the FP3 session. As a result, the two Ducati Team riders did not have a chance to improve their times from yesterday and had to take part in Q1 early in the afternoon.
Jorge Lorenzo, sixth in Q1, will start from row 6 three places behind his team-mate.
The Argentina GP is scheduled to get underway at 4 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’50.310 (16th)
“It was a pity about today’s rain, because I’m sure we could have improved our position in dry conditions a lot. Unfortunately in both FP3 and Q1 we couldn’t take advantage of the improvements that we found with a new riding position on the bike, even though I know I still need time to get used to it. Tomorrow however it should be dry and let’s see if I can manage to put in a better performance in the race than I did in practice.”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017