Team Del Conca Gresini’s Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio have enjoyed a really positive day at Termas de Rio Honda as they took the third and fifth spots on the grid, respectively, at the end of today’s qualifying.
Both riders went for the quick lap on their second outing: this proved to be the best strategy as they could log a competitive time before the arrival of a light rain shower, which put an early end to any hope of improving with still ten minutes to go.
Martin’s 1’49.323secs lap-time proved to be enough for the Spaniard to score his second consecutive front-row qualifying, after the one he secured a fortnight ago in Qatar.
The second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 13:00 local time (GMT-3).
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m happy, because we have made a big step forward after yesterday, when my feeling with the bike was not perfect. I set my qualifying time with the hard tyre and that’s a good sign ahead of tomorrow. A front-row start is always important, although I know it will there’ll be many contenders for the win as usual. I hope we’ll be up there until the end”.
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates to take double in Germany August 20, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Chaz Davies dominates in Germany with Race One victory August 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Do(vi) a deer, a female deer August 19, 2017
- WorldSBK, Lausitzring: Friday roundup – World Superbike & World Supersport August 18, 2017
- Pol Espargaro out of Austrian GP with technical fault August 13, 2017
- Red Bull Rookies, Austria: Masaki masters sensational finish to Red Bull Ring Race 2 August 13, 2017
- Into the lion's den: who will rule Britannia? August 20, 2017
- Can history repeat itself? August 20, 2017
- When I’m 64 points clear: is the pressure off for Mir? August 20, 2017
- MotoGP™ to remain at the Twin Ring Motegi until 2023 August 20, 2017
- Nakagami announced at LCR Honda in 2018 August 20, 2017
- #CzechGP and #AustrianGP: Twitter Highlights August 18, 2017