Team Del Conca Gresini’s Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio have enjoyed a really positive day at Termas de Rio Honda as they took the third and fifth spots on the grid, respectively, at the end of today’s qualifying.
Both riders went for the quick lap on their second outing: this proved to be the best strategy as they could log a competitive time before the arrival of a light rain shower, which put an early end to any hope of improving with still ten minutes to go.
Martin’s 1’49.323secs lap-time proved to be enough for the Spaniard to score his second consecutive front-row qualifying, after the one he secured a fortnight ago in Qatar.
The second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 13:00 local time (GMT-3).
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m happy, because we have made a big step forward after yesterday, when my feeling with the bike was not perfect. I set my qualifying time with the hard tyre and that’s a good sign ahead of tomorrow. A front-row start is always important, although I know it will there’ll be many contenders for the win as usual. I hope we’ll be up there until the end”.
- NOT the MotoGP News: Austin – Not just a crap car from Leyland April 27, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol 2017 season gets underway in Albacete this weekend April 26, 2017
- Pol Espargaro retires from Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Jorge Lorenzo takes ninth place in Austin April 24, 2017
- Alvaro Bautista recovers from crash to take a point in Texas April 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales crashes out of Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Scene set at Assen for first ADAC Northern Europe Cup race April 27, 2017
- An exciting new season starts in Albacete April 26, 2017
- Fenati: “I consider everyone on the grid a threat” April 26, 2017
- Pol Espargaro: "We were really unlucky" April 26, 2017
- Barbera hails step forward with new riding style April 26, 2017
- Rabat on a point-scoring roll in 2017 April 26, 2017