Team Del Conca Gresini’s Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio have enjoyed a really positive day at Termas de Rio Honda as they took the third and fifth spots on the grid, respectively, at the end of today’s qualifying.
Both riders went for the quick lap on their second outing: this proved to be the best strategy as they could log a competitive time before the arrival of a light rain shower, which put an early end to any hope of improving with still ten minutes to go.
Martin’s 1’49.323secs lap-time proved to be enough for the Spaniard to score his second consecutive front-row qualifying, after the one he secured a fortnight ago in Qatar.
The second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 13:00 local time (GMT-3).
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m happy, because we have made a big step forward after yesterday, when my feeling with the bike was not perfect. I set my qualifying time with the hard tyre and that’s a good sign ahead of tomorrow. A front-row start is always important, although I know it will there’ll be many contenders for the win as usual. I hope we’ll be up there until the end”.
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Barcelona: Moto3, race 2 highlights June 22, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Barcelona: Moto3, race 1 highlights June 22, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Barcelona: Moto2, race 2 highlights June 22, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Barcelona: Moto2, race 1 highlights June 22, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Barcelona: European Talent Cup, highlights June 22, 2017
- CEV Repsol, Catalunya: Wins for López, García, Cardús, García and Sardanyons in Barcelona June 18, 2017
- Lüthi leads the field in FP1 June 23, 2017
- Petrucci takes P1 as action opens at Assen June 23, 2017
- Oettl on top in FP1 at the #DutchGP June 23, 2017
- #DutchGP Press Conference: Time to attack for Viñales? June 23, 2017
- Lowes: “We had some issues - but that’s racing” June 22, 2017
- Bagnaia to remain at Sky Racing Team VR46 in 2018 June 22, 2017