Team Del Conca Gresini’s Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio have enjoyed a really positive day at Termas de Rio Honda as they took the third and fifth spots on the grid, respectively, at the end of today’s qualifying.
Both riders went for the quick lap on their second outing: this proved to be the best strategy as they could log a competitive time before the arrival of a light rain shower, which put an early end to any hope of improving with still ten minutes to go.
Martin’s 1’49.323secs lap-time proved to be enough for the Spaniard to score his second consecutive front-row qualifying, after the one he secured a fortnight ago in Qatar.
The second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 13:00 local time (GMT-3).
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m happy, because we have made a big step forward after yesterday, when my feeling with the bike was not perfect. I set my qualifying time with the hard tyre and that’s a good sign ahead of tomorrow. A front-row start is always important, although I know it will there’ll be many contenders for the win as usual. I hope we’ll be up there until the end”.
- NOT the MotoGP News – Japanese Grand Prix review October 18, 2017
- Miguel Oliveira seventh in battle of attrition in Japan October 15, 2017
- Jorge Martin in the points in Japan October 15, 2017
- Maverick Viñales 9th in Motegi Race October 15, 2017
- Pol Espargaro 11th in Motegi October 15, 2017
- Tito Rabat in the points in wet Motegi race October 15, 2017
- Take no prisoners: Rins & Miller break out of Melbourne Gaol October 18, 2017
- Dovizioso’s secret weapon: mental training vs physical October 18, 2017
- Decisions of the Grand Prix Commission at Motegi October 18, 2017
- Australians across all MotoGP™ classes at the ready October 18, 2017
- #StatAttack: MotoGP™ Down Under October 18, 2017
- Take two: Mir looks to take the throne in Australia October 17, 2017