The Argentinian 2017 MotoGP weekend continues according to predictions. In fact, the foul weather forecast punctually conditioned the sessions today. Although it was not a violent storm, the riders were still able to use the wet tyres both in FP4 and in qualifying.
A first for Aleix Espargaró, who had not yet ridden his RS-GP in the rain. The results were rather encouraging. The Spanish rider, who went straight through to Q2 thanks to his performance yesterday, had an outstanding qualifying session, taking a spot on the third row (eighth place, 1’49.323). This is a placement that ties with the one achieved by the Aprilia Racing Team Gresini last year at Phillip Island.
“In just two weekends we have already improved on the best race result and tied the best qualifying result for the RS-GP and that makes me proud. I would actually have preferred dry sessions because we have a lot of things to test for the race. In any case, we were able to stay very close to the leaders compared with Qatar in conditions that I had never before encountered with Aprilia. Tomorrow will be a very particular race. My goal is to start well and manage during the first laps to then exploit our potential over race distance. Compared with Qatar, given our starting position, I definitely expect to have to do a bit less overtaking!”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018