Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Franco Morbidelli took control of the Moto2 World Championship with a superb victory in today’s Argentine Grand Prix, running at the front with teammate Alex Marquez close behind.
But a 1-2 finish went begging when Alex high-sided at turn seven on the final lap, an undeserving end to his brave podium challenge after a tense battle with Morbidelli.
Marquez rejoined to bring his battered Kalex home in 21st position.
Álex Márquez: 21st
“For sure today I had a chance to go for the victory so it is really disappointing. I made a mistake in the last lap and I am not sure what happened but sometimes it is like this, when you go down you have to get back up and be even stronger. I want to thank my team, I destroyed a bike in practice and we made more changes after the warm-up and I had a perfect bike in the race. This year I am more confident on worn tyres at the end of the race but today I made a mistake. I’m not happy but there are some positives to take from the weekend.”
Source: Marc VDS Racing
- Pol Espargaro retires from Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Jorge Lorenzo takes ninth place in Austin April 24, 2017
- Alvaro Bautista recovers from crash to take a point in Texas April 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales crashes out of Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Aleix Espargaro finishes Americas GP despite mid-race pit stop April 24, 2017
- Jorge Navarro takes more points in Texas April 24, 2017
- Rossi: “I had two choices – go straight or crash!” April 23, 2017
- Viñales: “It was a really strange crash" April 23, 2017
- Crutchlow: “I took too long to pass Zarco" April 23, 2017
- Pedrosa: “Leading the race was amazing” April 23, 2017
- Marquez: “The battle with Viñales will arrive” April 23, 2017
- Five by five: magic for Marquez and a crash for Viñales April 23, 2017