On Sunday the circuit of Termas de Rio Hondo hosted the second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship. After taking advance of the warm up to define some final improvements to the set-up, Juanfran Guevara began today’s race with strength. Starting from the seventh spot of the grid, the Spaniard joined the fight for the top positions in the first few laps.
Halfway through the race distance, Juanfran got involved in a couple of contacts with other riders and he lost touch with the front guys, crossing the finishing line in ninth position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 9th [RACE]
“It was a decent race. In the warm up we had a couple of minor issues right at the beginning, but we fixed them straight away and we could go on working. In the race we were starting with confidence. Our objective was to fight with guys at the top, but maybe in this case we didn’t achieve the best feeling with the soft rear tyre. Halfway through the race we lost a bit of pace and a couple of contacts with other riders made me move away from the leading group. I tried to come back as soon as possible and in the end we crossed the finishing line in ninth position. We ended in the Top-10 and that’s a good result, we were really close to the lead in a track that wasn’t too favourable to us. We were competitive during this weekend, after all. I believe we can make a step forward in the next race, especially once we get to tracks that are more suitable for us.”
- Pol Espargaro retires from Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Jorge Lorenzo takes ninth place in Austin April 24, 2017
- Alvaro Bautista recovers from crash to take a point in Texas April 24, 2017
- Maverick Viñales crashes out of Americas GP April 24, 2017
- Aleix Espargaro finishes Americas GP despite mid-race pit stop April 24, 2017
- Jorge Navarro takes more points in Texas April 24, 2017
- Rossi: “I had two choices – go straight or crash!” April 23, 2017
- Viñales: “It was a really strange crash" April 23, 2017
- Crutchlow: “I took too long to pass Zarco" April 23, 2017
- Pedrosa: “Leading the race was amazing” April 23, 2017
- Marquez: “The battle with Viñales will arrive” April 23, 2017
- Five by five: magic for Marquez and a crash for Viñales April 23, 2017