On Sunday the circuit of Termas de Rio Hondo hosted the second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship. After taking advance of the warm up to define some final improvements to the set-up, Juanfran Guevara began today’s race with strength. Starting from the seventh spot of the grid, the Spaniard joined the fight for the top positions in the first few laps.
Halfway through the race distance, Juanfran got involved in a couple of contacts with other riders and he lost touch with the front guys, crossing the finishing line in ninth position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 9th [RACE]
“It was a decent race. In the warm up we had a couple of minor issues right at the beginning, but we fixed them straight away and we could go on working. In the race we were starting with confidence. Our objective was to fight with guys at the top, but maybe in this case we didn’t achieve the best feeling with the soft rear tyre. Halfway through the race we lost a bit of pace and a couple of contacts with other riders made me move away from the leading group. I tried to come back as soon as possible and in the end we crossed the finishing line in ninth position. We ended in the Top-10 and that’s a good result, we were really close to the lead in a track that wasn’t too favourable to us. We were competitive during this weekend, after all. I believe we can make a step forward in the next race, especially once we get to tracks that are more suitable for us.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018