On Sunday the circuit of Termas de Rio Hondo hosted the second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship. After taking advance of the warm up to define some final improvements to the set-up, Juanfran Guevara began today’s race with strength. Starting from the seventh spot of the grid, the Spaniard joined the fight for the top positions in the first few laps.
Halfway through the race distance, Juanfran got involved in a couple of contacts with other riders and he lost touch with the front guys, crossing the finishing line in ninth position.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 9th [RACE]
“It was a decent race. In the warm up we had a couple of minor issues right at the beginning, but we fixed them straight away and we could go on working. In the race we were starting with confidence. Our objective was to fight with guys at the top, but maybe in this case we didn’t achieve the best feeling with the soft rear tyre. Halfway through the race we lost a bit of pace and a couple of contacts with other riders made me move away from the leading group. I tried to come back as soon as possible and in the end we crossed the finishing line in ninth position. We ended in the Top-10 and that’s a good result, we were really close to the lead in a track that wasn’t too favourable to us. We were competitive during this weekend, after all. I believe we can make a step forward in the next race, especially once we get to tracks that are more suitable for us.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017
- Binder: “Every time I get on the bike I feel better” July 21, 2017