Jorge Martin and teammate Fabio Di Giannantonio have claimed the fifth and sixth places on the grid, respectively, in today’s qualifying session at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. The two riders of Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 showed promising signs ahead of tomorrow’s race, as they lapped under the 2’16 barrier while improving their pace on the longer run.
Jorge Martin continued with his progression on the challenging American circuit and confirmed the positive feedback he had during free practice. The young Spaniard set a personal best time of 2’15.921 which gave him the fifth place on the grid.
The 18-lap, third race of the 2017 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 11:00 local time (GMT -5).
5th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I feel pretty confortable on the bike, we did quite good sessions this weekend and I’ve been fast most of the time. We are still looking for a couple of tenths to be really competitive with the top guys. Tomorrow we will work hard in the warm up. We want to do a good start in the race and be at the front from the beginning”.
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018