The starting grid for the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas was defined today for the Moto3 class, after the qualifying session at the circuit of Austin.
The day started off with a Top-10 for Guevara, who was once again among the fastest guys on track in today’s free practice.
The Spaniard finished only 1.038 seconds off the first position. In the afternoon, Juanfran and his crew made some further improvements to the KTM set-up and he moved forward quickly, setting faster times than in the previous sessions. With only few minutes to the chequered flag, Juanfran crashed out, therefore ending the session with the time of 2’16.503 (thirteenth position).
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 13th – 2’16.503 [QP]
“Today we had a rough ending, yet in the morning we did find a strong set-up. We improved the pace and my fastest lap, compared to yesterday’s results. We were looking forwards to the qualifying session and we were feeling confident. On the first set of tyres, we grabbed a spot in the Top-10 soon enough. When we changed tyres, I was improving my time but I crashed out on turn 12. It’s a shame for us, since we had a chance to move forward. In any case this can happen in racing and, even if throughout this weekend we’ve been struggling a bit more than usual, our pace is consistent and we have a strong base. For tomorrow we’ll have to complete some good initial laps and put in our best effort.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018