The two Ducati Team riders will start tomorrow’s GP of the Americas, held at the modern Texan circuit on the outskirts of Austin, from the second and third rows of the grid.
At the end of this afternoon’s qualifying session, Jorge Lorenzo obtained the sixth quickest time with a lap of 2’04.151 while his team-mate Andrea Dovizioso was classified in seventh with a time of 2’04.431.
In the morning the MotoGP riders went out on track under dark skies and with a temperature of 16°, more than 10 degrees lower than yesterday. The session was characterized by a high number of crashes, including one apiece for both Ducati Team riders, but luckily they came away unscathed.
In the end neither Dovizioso nor Lorenzo were able to improve the times they set yesterday in FP2 and so the Spanish rider had to take part in Q1, in which he was second quickest, thus going through to Q2 together with Miller.
The 21-lap GP of the Americas is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 2 pm local time (21.00 CET).
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 2’04.151 (6th)
“Fianlly today we were able to obtain a good result, after a few difficult weeks. I am the best Ducati on the grid, but the most important thing is that I had a good feeling on my bike, and I managed to confirm what I had wanted to demonstrate in Argentina. Tomorrow it’ll be very important to get off to a good start, try and take as few risks as possible in the early laps, and above all finish the race because I want to put behind me the disappointment of the last GP. It’s going to be a very tough race physically, but I feel strong and I am very happy with the work that me and my team are doing.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018