After pole positions for Jorge Martín and John McPhee in the first two rounds of the season the Grand Prix of the Americas will see Aron Canet start from the front of the grid, the youngster having left the rest of the grid trailing in his wake today, including series leader Mir, with a Moto3 record lap of 2’14.644.
Mir and Romano Fenati were the only riders capable of coming within half a second of the Spaniard, with Nicolo Bulega over a second behind in fourth place ahead of Jorge Martín and Fabio di Giannantonio. John McPhee, the only man other than Martín and Mir to step on the podium this season, starts ninth.
There were slight improvements for the Mahindra Gaviota Aspar Team, although neither were able to close the gap significantly to the rest. Albert Arenas was the fastest Mahindra rider on track in 22nd position, 2.5 seconds off the top. The Spaniard overcame some of the problems he encountered yesterday and is happier with the set-up of his bike.
22nd Albert Arenas 2:17.141 (10 laps):
“I am happy because we have taken a few seconds off the lap time from yesterday. Today started much better than yesterday. The team found some solutions to the issues we had on Friday although we are still a little behind everybody else. We still need to improve in some areas but I am happy with the bike and I like the set-up, I would like to get a run of laps in during warm-up because so far we have not been able to.”
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Blast off for KTM in Austin April 22, 2018
- Crutchlow: “We have better pace than guys around us” April 22, 2018
- 10 reasons to watch the AmericasGP April 22, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Rossi: the man with the race pace? April 21, 2018
- Iannone takes a front row and starring role in the drama April 21, 2018