Jorge Navarro continues his learning year within the Moto2 World Championship by scoring two more points at Circuit of the Americas in Texas. The sole rider of Team Federal Oil Gresini was 14th at the end of the 19-lap, third race of the 2017 season after a great battle with Luca Marini and Ricky Cardus.
The former Moto3 title contender did not enjoy the best of starts from 13th and lost some places on the opening lap of the race. Despite the setback, Navarro kept his composure and was able to make up some ground; he then entered a good battle for the top-10 and ran as high as 11th during the long American encounter.
After starting to experience some pain and discomfort in his left shoulder, which was surgically repaired last November, Jorge ran wide following an overtaking attempt for tenth place and dropped down to 14th, which turned out to be his final position at the chequered flag.
Nevertheless, it was a positive performance in the eyes of team manager Fausto Gresini: “It’s clear that Jorge is improving and it’s a shame that he was limited by his shoulder in the final stages of the race. We still lack something at the start, but his race pace was good and so his performance today. I’m confident we will see him soon in the top 10.”
14th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“It was quite a tough race for sure. It was a bit chaotic at the start and I lost some positions as I had to slow down to avoid any incident. I was feeling great on the bike, though, and my pace was good. I moved up three places but halfway through the race my left shoulder started to bother; the situation got worse in the final six laps and I went from battling for a top-10 result to struggling to stay in the points…”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018