Spaniard Axel Pons put in all his efforts during Sunday’s Grand Prix of The Americas but he wasn’t able to turn around proceedings during their visit to the Austin round.
Teams and riders were greeted by bright skies in the paddock this morning but, unfortunately, the sun didn’t shine for RW Racing GP as the Dutch team endured a really tough stay in the United States this weekend. After qualifying for 20th position on the grid, the team’s rider Axel Pons run into heavy traffic and incidents in turn one after the lights went out for Moto2’s round three at the Texan Circuit of The Americas.
Pons, however, was lucky avoiding collisions with other riders who crashed ahead of him but he lost all rhythm and more positions for the opening lap. Further on, the 26-year-old Spaniard could quickly recover but his rhythm wasn’t consistent and fast enough to make up more ground to finish 18th in the end. A result with which either he nor the team can’t be satisfied.
The World Championship heads back to Europe now where the series continue with Gran Premio de Espana in Jerez in two weeks.
#49 Axel PONS, 18th (World Championship position 17, 6 points):
“I’m disappointed with the course of the weekend and, of course, also with the outcome of it. During the race, I had a lot of problems to ride the bike, particularly as the front was closing sometimes. So, for this I was forced to push over the limits. This was why it was hard to find a flowing rhythm. Well, obviously, Austin was not the weekend for us to be competitive. But, bear up and keep working hard so, we are looking forward to Jerez in two weeks already.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018