The first Grand Prix on European ground kicked off today for the Moto3 World Championship, at the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera.
The first practice of the day was compromised by rain: both riders of RBA BOÉ Racing Team got out on track in the second part of the session, to collect some data for other occasions on wet tarmac.
In FP2, Guevara and his crew preferred to wait till the track condition improved. The Spaniard got out with twenty minutes left to the end of the practice, keeping in mind the critical conditions and trying not to run into some unnecessary risks. Juanfran ended the day with the time of 1’51.933, sixteenth in the combined classification.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 16th – 1’51.933 [combined classification FP1 & FP2]
“It was kind of a strange day. Initially it looked like it was only getting cloudy, but eventually we had a complicated session because of the rain that fell in the early morning. At first the track wasn’t dry, nor completely wet in FP1, but in the end we could get out using a wet setting and begin collecting data for other races, since starting from tomorrow the weather should improve. By the afternoon’s session it had stopped raining, but the track was quite wet. We had to wait a bit before having the chance to fit slick tyres, but even then the conditions weren’t great, there were plenty of complicated areas and the lap times weren’t very fast. We didn’t want to risk too much, in order not to make any mistake. I think that from FP3 we’ll have useful conditions to work for the afternoon and mainly for Sunday.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018