The first day of free practice for the Spanish GP at Jerez de la Frontera came to a close with Jorge Lorenzo in fourth place and Andrea Dovizioso in eighth after FP2, which was held this afternoon on an almost totally dry track.
The first session in the morning had been held in wet conditions due to intermittent rain that fell on the Andalusian track throughout the 45 minutes. At the end of FP1 Jorge Lorenzo was classified ninth.
In the afternoon Jorge and teammate Andrea Dovizioso fitted soft rear tyres towards the end of the session to set fourth (1’40.291) and eighth (1’40.428) quickest times respectively.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’40.291 (4th)
“Probably today’s was my best practice session this season, especially because the sensations in the final run with a new tyre were very good. Every time I get on the Desmosedici the feeling gets better and better and, although we still have a lot of work to do, especially with used tyres and thinking of the future, today we finished positively and I was the first Ducati rider with fourth quickest time. It’s true that we are still some way off the leaders and that tomorrow we will have to confirm that we have made a step forward, but I think that we have margin for improvement.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018