Jorge Navarro has had an encouraging opening day of action at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ in sourthern Spain, where the fourth event of the 2017 Moto2 World Championship is currently underway. Despite crashing unhurt in the wet morning session, the rider of the Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 team was able to find a good pace around the fast-flowing 4.4km Andalusian track, with some good indications ahead of tomorrow.
After a first familiarisation with his Kalex Honda machine in the wet, FP2 saw the young Spaniard trying out different tyres in three longer runs, the first one with the harder option and other two with the soft one.
Navarro finished the day in twelfth place but only 0.7secs from the top and with some room for improvement, as in winter testing he was half a second quicker than today here at Jerez.
Qualifying for the Moto2 class will get underway tomorrow at 15:05 local time (GMT +2)
12th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“This morning I tried my Kalex Honda for the first time in full-wet conditions. I was curious to see how it would have been like and I must say that I felt comfortable straight away, despite the bike setup was obviously not the best one, but I ended up crashing towards the end of the session. This afternoon we worked as if it was still free practice 1: we started on harder tyres but soon enough we switched to the softer option, which it’s likely to be our choice for the race. My times were good, although still far from the ones set during testing. We still need to make some changes to the setup, but there’ll be time to do so tomorrow.”
- WorldSBK Assen, Day 2: Rea roars to eighth consecutive TT Assen win April 21, 2018
- Alvaro Bautista sets to work on difficult day one in Austin April 21, 2018
- Marc Marquez second-fastest at a dusty Austin track, Dani Pedrosa a brave 10th April 21, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, free practice roundup: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 21, 2018
- Alex Rins shows strong pace in Texas April 21, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo 7th in practice for Texas GP April 21, 2018
- Front row qualifying for "surprised" McPhee April 21, 2018
- Sparks fly as Viñales leads the rebellion at the AmericasGP! April 21, 2018
- Masterful Marquez edges out Lowes in QP April 21, 2018
- Perfect ten: Martin takes pole in mad dash to slicks April 21, 2018
- Pol Espargaro takes first KTM Q2 of the year April 21, 2018
- Marquez top, but Viñales right in the hunt in FP4 April 21, 2018