Jack Miller, now a MotoGP rider, had previously held the fastest lap to date in the Moto3 class at Jerez. That time was beaten this Saturday, as Jorge Martín took pole position with a 1:46.004 lap. Alongside him on the grid for the Spanish Grand Prix will be Arón Canet and Romano Fenati. Nicolo Bulega, Marcos Ramírez and Niccolò Antonelli will be behind them for the first race on European soil this season.
The Mahindra Northgate Aspar riders continued to improve their times at the Spanish Grand Prix, and will start tomorrow’s race from the fifth and sixth rows of the grid.
The fastest of the pair today was Albert Arenas, in thirteenth. The Spaniard employed a good strategy designed alongside his crew, which allowed him to achieve his best qualifying position of the season.
MRW Mahindra Aspar rider Raul Fernandez continued to gain experience on his Mahindra and stressed that his real objective is the next race in the Moto3 World Junior series. The Spaniard will start tomorrow from the back of the grid, but with the intention of continuing to put in kilometres on the bike.
13th Albert Arenas 1:46.966 (13 laps):
“We felt strong from the start this morning. I’m comfortable with the bike, and we have made some small changes that have helped me. We had a good strategy and we wanted to make the most of it. I am happy, but I want more because I could have improved my time by a few more tenths. However, we are close to the frontrunners. We tried to give our all and now it is time to continue with this confidence and fight tomorrow. We still have a bit of work left to do with the Mahindra to be in the top ten, but I’m happy because I enjoyed myself on the bike today.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018