The final day of practice before the Jerez GP had the Aprilia riders working on their RS-GP machines in preparation for a race that promises to be rather heated. In fact, the two free practice sessions were characterized by extremely close gaps. For example, in FP4, in twelfth place Aleix Espargaró was just over six tenths from the first place time.
The quickly rising temperature and the consequent decrease of grip on the track will be the key factors for the 27 laps tomorrow. These are conditions that have enhanced the characteristics of the RS-GP machines thus far.
Precisely for this reason, the Aprilia Racing Team Gresini riders are confidently anticipating the first European Grand Prix of the 2017 MotoGP season. Aleix Espargaró came through Q1 selection with a brilliant lap, later having to throw in the towel after a crash in Q2. Tomorrow he will start from the fourth row with a good pace and the extra motivation of his home crowd.
“At the moment, we have a good pace, especially with higher temperatures and poor grip conditions. In these situations, we usually struggle less than the others. In any case, we need to improve front end stability. I am too close to the limit in braking and in the race we cannot risk on every lap. During Q2 I did not have any more new front tyres since I had used them to get through Q1 and I noticed straight away that it would have been difficult with the new rear. I always give one hundred percent because I am always aiming for the best result. Unfortunately, I crashed while I was pushing.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018