The Moto3 riders got out on track today for the FP3 and for the QP of the Gran Premio Red Bull de España.
During the first session of the day, Guevara and his crew focused on the compound choice and on the tyre performance: since the track was finally dry, they could take into consideration the options available for the afternoon.
In the qualifying, Juanfran started off with a good pace, getting closer and closer to the Top-10 and improving his times, lap after lap. With his personal best of 1’46.952, the Spaniard closes the day in twelfth place.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 12th – 1’46.952 [QP]
“Today we had better conditions than yesterday’s, yet we ran into different characteristics if we compare them to the IRTA test. In the FP3, we could figure out what was waiting for us and what we had to focus on, in order to get closer to the fastest guys. We struggled a bit when it came to putting in a hot lap this morning, but in the QP we saved the day. We are in fourth row, it isn’t too bad. We start a couple of positions ahead compared to Austin, therefore tomorrow we’ll head in the same direction, in order to complete a proper comeback. We’ll work on the rhythm in the warm up, so that we can refine the details that we have to improve when we look at the rest of the field. Tomorrow we’ll also choose which tyres to use in the race: it’s quite hot and for the race the temperature might be higher, so it’ll be an important decision for the 23 laps that are waiting ahead.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018