The Portuguese rider will start Red Bull Spanish Grand Prix from fourth, with teammate Ricky Cardus in 18th place on the grid.
As the forecast had indicated, the sun made an appearance at Jerez on Saturday. With improved conditions, the Red Bull KTM Ajo team riders were able to take a step forward in their performance onboard their KTM Moto2 bikes. Miguel Oliveira will again fight for a good result from fourth position on the grid.
In FP3, the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders took to the track with new updates to their fairings, which they were able to test on a completely dry track for the first time this weekend. Oliveira finished 5th, with a best time of 1:42.868, setting his top lap on his last outing.
The positive momentum would continue in QP, where Oliveira took advantage of the opening minutes to set his personal best lap of the whole weekend to date. His 1:42.409 earned him fourth on the grid. During the rest of the qualifying session, the Portuguese rider maintained a good pace and was satisfied with his performance.
The Spanish GP is the first European event of the season. The Moto2 race takes place at 12:20pm local time on Sunday.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“Thanks to the test we did here in March, we had a good references for the setup and for the KTM, so we have been calmer since the start of the GP weekend. We were practically able to repeat the time set in testing, although today I was only one tenth slower. We are happy, we will start from fourth position and we have a good pace, so tomorrow we will give everything to get a positive result. The objective before starting here was the Top 5, and that continues to be the case -although there is no doubt that we will fight for the podium.”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017