Jorge Lorenzo will start tomorrow’s fourth round of the MotoGP World Championship – the Spanish Grand Prix at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit in Andalusia – from the third row of the grid.
At the end of this afternoon’s Q2 session, the Ducati Team’s Spanish rider set the eighth quickest time of 1’38.910, around six-tenths of a second away from the best time of polesitter Dani Pedrosa.
In the morning’s FP3 run, which was held on a dry track and with an air temperature of 20°, Lorenzo was second fastest behind Pedrosa, thus gaining automatic access into the second qualifying session.
After the early afternoon’s FP4 session, which finished with Lorenzo fourth and teammate Dovizioso seventh, the two Ducati Team men then went out on track for the qualifying sessions which determined the starting-grid for tomorrow’s 27-lap race.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’38.910 (8th)
“Overall today’s sensations were good and for the first time this season I had a pace that was similar to those riders ahead of me. To be honest, in qualifying I hoped to improve on this morning’s result a bit, but for some reason I didn’t have good grip with the rear tyre and was unable to accelerate well out of the corners. At any rate for me today was one of the best days I have had in this first part of the season from every point of view, and this is really good news for us. It means that we are maintaining good progression and tomorrow we’ll see if we can come away with a good result in the race. The most important thing is my consistency and that I feel strong on the bike.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018