Xavi Vierge produced a mature and impressive display today as he set his fastest time on his third lap which sealed a starting position at the front of the third row of the grid.
The temperature increased as the session progressed and this affected the grip levels, but the young Spaniard’s early time saw him qualify only 0.354 back from the head of the second row. Tomorrow he intends to fight to a fourth consecutive top ten finish this year in front of his home crowd.
“I am happy with what we achieved on day 2 in Jerez. Today itself was hard and we had a few issues in the morning, but the team did a super job to find the solutions for the qualifying practice. This afternoon, the conditions were tricky as the asphalt was very hot which affected the grip. However, I started pushing as soon as we got going in the session, and I set a really good time on my third lap. Tomorrow I will start from the head of the third row of the grid, which is a great place to begin the fight from. We need to work hard in the warm up for my race pace, but I am confident about closing the weekend with a strong result.”
- NOT the MotoGP News: Another pleasant Valé Sunday… April 20, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018