Reale Avintia Racing rider Hector Barbera finished 12th in the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez today. The result has been far from the expectations of riders and team, but following a tough weekend with a start from the seventh row of the grid, it was still encouraging to get some points and to finish just few seconds from the top ten.
Hector gained a lot of places in the first half of the race and battled with his teammate Loris Baz and with Scott Redding throughout the race. The final five laps were really exciting to watch, with both Reale Avintia riders fighting for twelfth position until the last corner of the last lap.
Barbera and Baz will remain at Jerez tomorrow for a crucial day of testing.
Hector Barbera | P12
“We could say that we made a little step forward in the race. The most important thing this weekend is that I started to get some feeling with the bike. I had feedback from the front end, which boosted my confidence. I think that we have started to find the right direction and I feel more comfortable on the bike. Two races ago it was impossible for me to stay with Redding or even with my teammate Loris, but today I was with them the whole race. Tomorrow we stay here for testing because we really need to work to tame this bike. The last few laps fighting with Loris had been fun, I like to fight with him and, although you have to be more careful because it is your teammate, I really enjoyed the battle.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017
- Binder: “Every time I get on the bike I feel better” July 21, 2017