The fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ was not as rewarding as expected for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3: after an incredible start from pole position, Jorge Martin was unable to challenge at the front of the field for honours like he did in the first three encounters of the season.
The performance of the 19-year-old from Madrid was affected by a small technical issue, which did not allow him to be aggressive under braking; Martin, in fact, was able to complete only one overtaking manoeuvre throughout the whole race and was ninth at the flag.
After four races completed in the season, Martin is now third in the championship standings with a 14-point gap from the top.
The next race of the Moto3 World Championship will take place at France’s Le Mans circuit in a fortnight’s time.
9th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“The strategy was to save the tyres for the last part of the race but, to be honest, I was never able to ride at my best. I wasn’t feeling comfortable on the bike, up to the point that I was able to make a pass only towards the end of the race, and that wasn’t an easy one either! We need to accept this result and move forward: we had a problem with the brake which affected my performance on both corner entry and exit, while the tyres wore off pretty fast. This is racing, though: we were on top yesterday, while today just ninth. We will make up for it in Le Mans!”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017