The fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ was not as rewarding as expected for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3: after an incredible start from pole position, Jorge Martin was unable to challenge at the front of the field for honours like he did in the first three encounters of the season.
The performance of the 19-year-old from Madrid was affected by a small technical issue, which did not allow him to be aggressive under braking; Martin, in fact, was able to complete only one overtaking manoeuvre throughout the whole race and was ninth at the flag.
After four races completed in the season, Martin is now third in the championship standings with a 14-point gap from the top.
The next race of the Moto3 World Championship will take place at France’s Le Mans circuit in a fortnight’s time.
9th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“The strategy was to save the tyres for the last part of the race but, to be honest, I was never able to ride at my best. I wasn’t feeling comfortable on the bike, up to the point that I was able to make a pass only towards the end of the race, and that wasn’t an easy one either! We need to accept this result and move forward: we had a problem with the brake which affected my performance on both corner entry and exit, while the tyres wore off pretty fast. This is racing, though: we were on top yesterday, while today just ninth. We will make up for it in Le Mans!”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017