The fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ was not as rewarding as expected for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3: after an incredible start from pole position, Jorge Martin was unable to challenge at the front of the field for honours like he did in the first three encounters of the season.
The performance of the 19-year-old from Madrid was affected by a small technical issue, which did not allow him to be aggressive under braking; Martin, in fact, was able to complete only one overtaking manoeuvre throughout the whole race and was ninth at the flag.
After four races completed in the season, Martin is now third in the championship standings with a 14-point gap from the top.
The next race of the Moto3 World Championship will take place at France’s Le Mans circuit in a fortnight’s time.
9th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“The strategy was to save the tyres for the last part of the race but, to be honest, I was never able to ride at my best. I wasn’t feeling comfortable on the bike, up to the point that I was able to make a pass only towards the end of the race, and that wasn’t an easy one either! We need to accept this result and move forward: we had a problem with the brake which affected my performance on both corner entry and exit, while the tyres wore off pretty fast. This is racing, though: we were on top yesterday, while today just ninth. We will make up for it in Le Mans!”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018