The fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ was not as rewarding as expected for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3: after an incredible start from pole position, Jorge Martin was unable to challenge at the front of the field for honours like he did in the first three encounters of the season.
The performance of the 19-year-old from Madrid was affected by a small technical issue, which did not allow him to be aggressive under braking; Martin, in fact, was able to complete only one overtaking manoeuvre throughout the whole race and was ninth at the flag.
After four races completed in the season, Martin is now third in the championship standings with a 14-point gap from the top.
The next race of the Moto3 World Championship will take place at France’s Le Mans circuit in a fortnight’s time.
9th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“The strategy was to save the tyres for the last part of the race but, to be honest, I was never able to ride at my best. I wasn’t feeling comfortable on the bike, up to the point that I was able to make a pass only towards the end of the race, and that wasn’t an easy one either! We need to accept this result and move forward: we had a problem with the brake which affected my performance on both corner entry and exit, while the tyres wore off pretty fast. This is racing, though: we were on top yesterday, while today just ninth. We will make up for it in Le Mans!”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, European Talent Cup Race 2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, European Talent Cup Race 1 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto3 Race 2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto3 Race 1 September 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Misano September 19, 2017
- 2017/2018 test calendar released September 23, 2017
- Morbidelli tops tight FP3 September 23, 2017
- Marquez leads the charge to Q2 – and Rossi moves through September 23, 2017
- Martin leads McPhee in FP3 September 23, 2017
- Rossi: "I feel a bit of pain, but not too much" September 22, 2017
- Lorenzo: "We’ve been quite competitive" September 22, 2017