Jorge Navarro has put together a positive race at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ as he finished in the points for the third consecutive Grand Prix after Argentina and Texas. It was not an encounter for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, especially due to his starting position (21st).
In front of his home crowd, the 21-year-old rookie from Spain was consistently fast in the first half of the race and that helped him moving into the top-10. As the race progressed, however, Navarro lost a bit of feeling with his Kalex Honda machine and had some moments which could have led to an early end to the race. Jorge eventually took his so-far best result in the middleweight class, a 12th place at the chequered flag – as well as three precious points to build on.
The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in two weekend at the Le Mans Circuit in France, following a two-day private test a MotorLand Aragón (May 10-11).
12th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“I’m ‘half happy’ with today: on one side we were really competitive in the first half of the race and we managed to make some good passes, while in the second half I wasn’t really comfortable with the bike. My body felt good, but I nearly lost the front in four different occasions. We need to be happy with this result, though, because we were starting from 21st place on the grid and finished 12th, my so-far best result in this class. With a better qualifying we could have easily battled for the top-10. We now need to stay focused: we’ve got a test this week that will allow us to try some changes to the bike geometry, so I hope we will be even readier for Le Mans.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: Rossi takes memorable 115th win in Assen July 25, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017