Jorge Navarro has put together a positive race at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ as he finished in the points for the third consecutive Grand Prix after Argentina and Texas. It was not an encounter for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, especially due to his starting position (21st).
In front of his home crowd, the 21-year-old rookie from Spain was consistently fast in the first half of the race and that helped him moving into the top-10. As the race progressed, however, Navarro lost a bit of feeling with his Kalex Honda machine and had some moments which could have led to an early end to the race. Jorge eventually took his so-far best result in the middleweight class, a 12th place at the chequered flag – as well as three precious points to build on.
The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in two weekend at the Le Mans Circuit in France, following a two-day private test a MotorLand Aragón (May 10-11).
12th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“I’m ‘half happy’ with today: on one side we were really competitive in the first half of the race and we managed to make some good passes, while in the second half I wasn’t really comfortable with the bike. My body felt good, but I nearly lost the front in four different occasions. We need to be happy with this result, though, because we were starting from 21st place on the grid and finished 12th, my so-far best result in this class. With a better qualifying we could have easily battled for the top-10. We now need to stay focused: we’ve got a test this week that will allow us to try some changes to the bike geometry, so I hope we will be even readier for Le Mans.”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017