Jorge Navarro has put together a positive race at ‘Circuito de Jerez’ as he finished in the points for the third consecutive Grand Prix after Argentina and Texas. It was not an encounter for the Federal Oil Team Gresini rider, especially due to his starting position (21st).
In front of his home crowd, the 21-year-old rookie from Spain was consistently fast in the first half of the race and that helped him moving into the top-10. As the race progressed, however, Navarro lost a bit of feeling with his Kalex Honda machine and had some moments which could have led to an early end to the race. Jorge eventually took his so-far best result in the middleweight class, a 12th place at the chequered flag – as well as three precious points to build on.
The next race of the Moto2 World Championship will take place in two weekend at the Le Mans Circuit in France, following a two-day private test a MotorLand Aragón (May 10-11).
12th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“I’m ‘half happy’ with today: on one side we were really competitive in the first half of the race and we managed to make some good passes, while in the second half I wasn’t really comfortable with the bike. My body felt good, but I nearly lost the front in four different occasions. We need to be happy with this result, though, because we were starting from 21st place on the grid and finished 12th, my so-far best result in this class. With a better qualifying we could have easily battled for the top-10. We now need to stay focused: we’ve got a test this week that will allow us to try some changes to the bike geometry, so I hope we will be even readier for Le Mans.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018