Red Bull KTM Ajo took their second Moto2 podium of the year at the Spanish GP, thanks to a third place for Miguel Oliveira. The Portuguese rider upped his pace throughout the course of the race to reach the rostrum in the final stretch.
Oliveira had to regain ground during the race, as on the opening laps the frontrunners broke away from him and he dropped down to seventh. In spite of the distance that separated him from the podium positions, the Portuguese rider improved his pace and began moving up the order, finally entering into the Top 3 with four laps remaining.
Following this result, Oliveira remains third in the overall standings with 59 points. The next Moto2 World Championship round will take place at Le Mans, France, between May 19th-21st.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“After the bad start I made, finishing on the podium is a good result. We cut the gap distance from the start of the race to the end. I’m happy; we have details to improve, but we are working hard on that. After the tests we did here in November, I didn’t think that I could get onto the podium today, so we have taken great strides forward. I did not expect it, and it’s a fairly critical circuit for the tyres, because it’s always very hot and it’s not easy to finish the race. I still lack the calmness to lead a race, but I’m sure the victory will come if we continue to work like this.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018