Red Bull KTM Ajo took their second Moto2 podium of the year at the Spanish GP, thanks to a third place for Miguel Oliveira. The Portuguese rider upped his pace throughout the course of the race to reach the rostrum in the final stretch.
Oliveira had to regain ground during the race, as on the opening laps the frontrunners broke away from him and he dropped down to seventh. In spite of the distance that separated him from the podium positions, the Portuguese rider improved his pace and began moving up the order, finally entering into the Top 3 with four laps remaining.
Following this result, Oliveira remains third in the overall standings with 59 points. The next Moto2 World Championship round will take place at Le Mans, France, between May 19th-21st.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“After the bad start I made, finishing on the podium is a good result. We cut the gap distance from the start of the race to the end. I’m happy; we have details to improve, but we are working hard on that. After the tests we did here in November, I didn’t think that I could get onto the podium today, so we have taken great strides forward. I did not expect it, and it’s a fairly critical circuit for the tyres, because it’s always very hot and it’s not easy to finish the race. I still lack the calmness to lead a race, but I’m sure the victory will come if we continue to work like this.”
- Granado and González take last two titles in Valencia CEV finale November 20, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- The 2017 Dunlop #ForeverForward Champion is…Andrea Migno! November 20, 2017
- Granado and González take last two titles November 19, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017