Red Bull KTM Ajo took their second Moto2 podium of the year at the Spanish GP, thanks to a third place for Miguel Oliveira. The Portuguese rider upped his pace throughout the course of the race to reach the rostrum in the final stretch.
Oliveira had to regain ground during the race, as on the opening laps the frontrunners broke away from him and he dropped down to seventh. In spite of the distance that separated him from the podium positions, the Portuguese rider improved his pace and began moving up the order, finally entering into the Top 3 with four laps remaining.
Following this result, Oliveira remains third in the overall standings with 59 points. The next Moto2 World Championship round will take place at Le Mans, France, between May 19th-21st.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“After the bad start I made, finishing on the podium is a good result. We cut the gap distance from the start of the race to the end. I’m happy; we have details to improve, but we are working hard on that. After the tests we did here in November, I didn’t think that I could get onto the podium today, so we have taken great strides forward. I did not expect it, and it’s a fairly critical circuit for the tyres, because it’s always very hot and it’s not easy to finish the race. I still lack the calmness to lead a race, but I’m sure the victory will come if we continue to work like this.”
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, European Talent Cup Race 2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, European Talent Cup Race 1 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto3 Race 2 September 19, 2017
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Jerez – Official highlights, Moto3 Race 1 September 19, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Misano September 19, 2017
- 2017/2018 test calendar released September 23, 2017
- Morbidelli tops tight FP3 September 23, 2017
- Marquez leads the charge to Q2 – and Rossi moves through September 23, 2017
- Martin leads McPhee in FP3 September 23, 2017
- Rossi: "I feel a bit of pain, but not too much" September 22, 2017
- Lorenzo: "We’ve been quite competitive" September 22, 2017