Red Bull KTM Ajo took their second Moto2 podium of the year at the Spanish GP, thanks to a third place for Miguel Oliveira. The Portuguese rider upped his pace throughout the course of the race to reach the rostrum in the final stretch.
Oliveira had to regain ground during the race, as on the opening laps the frontrunners broke away from him and he dropped down to seventh. In spite of the distance that separated him from the podium positions, the Portuguese rider improved his pace and began moving up the order, finally entering into the Top 3 with four laps remaining.
Following this result, Oliveira remains third in the overall standings with 59 points. The next Moto2 World Championship round will take place at Le Mans, France, between May 19th-21st.
44 Miguel Oliveira:
“After the bad start I made, finishing on the podium is a good result. We cut the gap distance from the start of the race to the end. I’m happy; we have details to improve, but we are working hard on that. After the tests we did here in November, I didn’t think that I could get onto the podium today, so we have taken great strides forward. I did not expect it, and it’s a fairly critical circuit for the tyres, because it’s always very hot and it’s not easy to finish the race. I still lack the calmness to lead a race, but I’m sure the victory will come if we continue to work like this.”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017