Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Tito Rabat made a dramatic exit from today’s fourth round of the MotoGP World Championship in Jerez.
The Spanish GP, the 3,000th race since the World Championship began in 1949, saw Rabat crash and end a streak of points scoring finishes this season.
Just four laps after Miller’s exit Rabat took a heavy tumble out of the points in 13th position at turn two after starting 18th on the grid.
Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS will test at Jerez on Monday and then later in the week at Valencia before heading to Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Tito Rabat: DNF
“It was a little strange in the race, the conditions were slippery and I couldn’t feel the front tyre 100% but after I got ahead of Bradley Smith and into 13th place I closed the front and crashed. But I was happy with my speed here and the work from the team which is building my confidence and I’m looking forward to the test on Monday and then the race in Le Mans.”
Source – Marc VDS Racing
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018