Today the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera was the venue of the fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship.
The day kicked off on a high note for Guevara, who was very competitive in the warm-up: the Spaniard grabbed the fourth time, only 0.315 seconds off the fastest guy on track.
In the race, Juanfran joined the leading group since the beginning, fighting for the front spots. The Spaniard crossed the finishing line with a two-second gap from the winner, achieving a well-deserved tenth placement.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 10th
“It was a positive day. We took advantage of the time at disposal in the warm-up, in order to complete a 11-lap long run. I was on my own and we had a solid pace, which gave us confidence for later on. On top of that, we could confirm that the setting was quite alright, too. It was a long race, we tried to stay safe in the first few laps in order to save some rubber for the end. We reached the front group soon enough and we got to fight for the Top-5. During the last few laps I had some small problems with the rear of the bike, we struggled a bit and we lost some positions. In the end we finished tenth, generally speaking I’m satisfied: considering the way the weekend had started off, it was looking like we would have been further off. Today we put in a very consistent pace and that was the key. We leave Jerez with a good feeling and now we look forwards to the next GP. I’d like to thank the team for the work they’ve done. This is the second race we finish in the front group and very close to the winner, I believe we are headed in the right direction.”
- WorldSBK Donington, Sunday roundup May 29, 2017
- WorldSBK Donington, Saturday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport, WSSP300 May 27, 2017
- Photos: WorldSBK Donington Part 1 May 26, 2017
- NOT the MotoGP News: Oil! It’s all about the oil! May 26, 2017
- WorldSBK, Donington round preview May 23, 2017
- Best MotoGP finish for Pol Espargaro at Le Mans. May 22, 2017
- Morbidelli marches onto home territory at Mugello May 29, 2017
- Advantage Mir as Moto3™ fire up for Mugello May 29, 2017
- More than a race: this is Mugello May 29, 2017
- Freitag and Georgi double winners at Donington Park May 28, 2017
- Georgi and Freitag triumph in first race at Donington May 27, 2017
- Leon Orgis and Tim Georgi fastest at Donington Park May 26, 2017