Today the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera was the venue of the fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship.
The day kicked off on a high note for Guevara, who was very competitive in the warm-up: the Spaniard grabbed the fourth time, only 0.315 seconds off the fastest guy on track.
In the race, Juanfran joined the leading group since the beginning, fighting for the front spots. The Spaniard crossed the finishing line with a two-second gap from the winner, achieving a well-deserved tenth placement.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 10th
“It was a positive day. We took advantage of the time at disposal in the warm-up, in order to complete a 11-lap long run. I was on my own and we had a solid pace, which gave us confidence for later on. On top of that, we could confirm that the setting was quite alright, too. It was a long race, we tried to stay safe in the first few laps in order to save some rubber for the end. We reached the front group soon enough and we got to fight for the Top-5. During the last few laps I had some small problems with the rear of the bike, we struggled a bit and we lost some positions. In the end we finished tenth, generally speaking I’m satisfied: considering the way the weekend had started off, it was looking like we would have been further off. Today we put in a very consistent pace and that was the key. We leave Jerez with a good feeling and now we look forwards to the next GP. I’d like to thank the team for the work they’ve done. This is the second race we finish in the front group and very close to the winner, I believe we are headed in the right direction.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018
- MotoAmerica fire up for COTA alongside MotoGP™ April 18, 2018
- Rossi and Marquez: live debriefs from COTA April 18, 2018
- Marquez visits Brazilian school with UNICEF April 18, 2018
- Rossi: "I'm always happy to be in Texas" April 18, 2018