Today the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera was the venue of the fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship.
The day kicked off on a high note for Guevara, who was very competitive in the warm-up: the Spaniard grabbed the fourth time, only 0.315 seconds off the fastest guy on track.
In the race, Juanfran joined the leading group since the beginning, fighting for the front spots. The Spaniard crossed the finishing line with a two-second gap from the winner, achieving a well-deserved tenth placement.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 10th
“It was a positive day. We took advantage of the time at disposal in the warm-up, in order to complete a 11-lap long run. I was on my own and we had a solid pace, which gave us confidence for later on. On top of that, we could confirm that the setting was quite alright, too. It was a long race, we tried to stay safe in the first few laps in order to save some rubber for the end. We reached the front group soon enough and we got to fight for the Top-5. During the last few laps I had some small problems with the rear of the bike, we struggled a bit and we lost some positions. In the end we finished tenth, generally speaking I’m satisfied: considering the way the weekend had started off, it was looking like we would have been further off. Today we put in a very consistent pace and that was the key. We leave Jerez with a good feeling and now we look forwards to the next GP. I’d like to thank the team for the work they’ve done. This is the second race we finish in the front group and very close to the winner, I believe we are headed in the right direction.”
- FIM CEV Repsol, Valencia: Poles for López, Granado, Gómez and Sardanyons in season finale November 18, 2017
- DNF for Alvaro Bautista at Valencia November 12, 2017
- Jorge Navarro crashes out of Valencia season closer November 12, 2017
- Valencia sees victory for Dani Pedrosa and title for Marc Márquez November 12, 2017
- Miracle Mir makes stunning Valencia comeback to finish 2nd November 12, 2017
- Jorge Martin takes maiden victory in Valencia November 12, 2017
- Go #BIG6 and go home: Marquez celebrates in Cervera! November 18, 2017
- Poles for López, Granado and Gómez in Valencia finale November 18, 2017
- Oliveira ends Jerez test on top November 17, 2017
- KTM: "The progress is amazing and the promise is huge" November 17, 2017
- Difficult beginnings for Suzuki - but with some positives November 17, 2017
- Bagnaia quickest, Mir fastest rookie at Jerez November 16, 2017