Today the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera was the venue of the fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship.
The day kicked off on a high note for Guevara, who was very competitive in the warm-up: the Spaniard grabbed the fourth time, only 0.315 seconds off the fastest guy on track.
In the race, Juanfran joined the leading group since the beginning, fighting for the front spots. The Spaniard crossed the finishing line with a two-second gap from the winner, achieving a well-deserved tenth placement.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 10th
“It was a positive day. We took advantage of the time at disposal in the warm-up, in order to complete a 11-lap long run. I was on my own and we had a solid pace, which gave us confidence for later on. On top of that, we could confirm that the setting was quite alright, too. It was a long race, we tried to stay safe in the first few laps in order to save some rubber for the end. We reached the front group soon enough and we got to fight for the Top-5. During the last few laps I had some small problems with the rear of the bike, we struggled a bit and we lost some positions. In the end we finished tenth, generally speaking I’m satisfied: considering the way the weekend had started off, it was looking like we would have been further off. Today we put in a very consistent pace and that was the key. We leave Jerez with a good feeling and now we look forwards to the next GP. I’d like to thank the team for the work they’ve done. This is the second race we finish in the front group and very close to the winner, I believe we are headed in the right direction.”
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: ETC race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 2 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto2 race 1 highlights July 25, 2017
- Video: CEV Repsol, Estoril: Moto3 race highlights July 25, 2017
- FIM CEV Repsol: Foggia, Granado and González consolidate leads after wins in Estoril along with Melgar July 24, 2017
- VR46 Master Camp talent take to the flat track July 25, 2017
- New students embark on Yamaha VR46 Master Camp Adventure July 24, 2017
- Foggia, Granado, Melgar and González win in Estoril July 24, 2017
- GP Recap: A double for Dovizioso at Catalunya July 23, 2017
- Fernández, Tulovic and González quickest in Portugal July 22, 2017
- Binder: “Every time I get on the bike I feel better” July 21, 2017