Today the circuit of Jerez de la Frontera was the venue of the fourth race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship.
The day kicked off on a high note for Guevara, who was very competitive in the warm-up: the Spaniard grabbed the fourth time, only 0.315 seconds off the fastest guy on track.
In the race, Juanfran joined the leading group since the beginning, fighting for the front spots. The Spaniard crossed the finishing line with a two-second gap from the winner, achieving a well-deserved tenth placement.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 10th
“It was a positive day. We took advantage of the time at disposal in the warm-up, in order to complete a 11-lap long run. I was on my own and we had a solid pace, which gave us confidence for later on. On top of that, we could confirm that the setting was quite alright, too. It was a long race, we tried to stay safe in the first few laps in order to save some rubber for the end. We reached the front group soon enough and we got to fight for the Top-5. During the last few laps I had some small problems with the rear of the bike, we struggled a bit and we lost some positions. In the end we finished tenth, generally speaking I’m satisfied: considering the way the weekend had started off, it was looking like we would have been further off. Today we put in a very consistent pace and that was the key. We leave Jerez with a good feeling and now we look forwards to the next GP. I’d like to thank the team for the work they’ve done. This is the second race we finish in the front group and very close to the winner, I believe we are headed in the right direction.”
- Dakar 2018, final stage – Heroes all January 21, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 13 report: The end is in sight January 20, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 12 (cancelled) report: Safety first January 19, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 11 report: Tactics and tenacity January 18, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 10 report: “The game changer” January 17, 2018
- Dakar 2018, Stage 9 – Rain stops play January 16, 2018
- Binder: “The KTM is the best bike in the field” January 23, 2018
- Moving on up: From the FIM CEV Repsol to Moto3™ in 2018 January 23, 2018
- Cecchinello: "Crutchlow is the best prepared rider" January 23, 2018
- 2018 Movistar Yamaha Presentation: watch LIVE and for free January 22, 2018
- Here come the rookies... January 22, 2018
- Who graduates from FIM CEV Repsol to Moto2™ in 2018? January 22, 2018