The fifth race of the 2017 Championship was held today for the Moto3 class, at the circuit of Le Mans.
The warm up in the morning was important for Guevara, who completed a long run, intending to achieve a strong feeling on the dry tarmac. In the race, Guevara was one of the many riders involved in the crash on the second lap.
With the red flag and the interruption for the track conditions, the Spaniard could go back to the pitbox and line up once again on the grid for the second start.
Juanfran started off with a solid pace from the third position, holding on to a spot in the front group and doing his best in order to stay close to the leading guys.
Guevara was fifth on the finishing line, achieving 11 points for the Championship Standings and closing a positive weekend in France.
#58 Juanfran Guevara: 5th [RACE]
“Generally speaking it was a positive day. In the warm up we focused on the race rhythm in order to improve, since in most of the previous sessions we couldn’t do it because of the weather conditions. We made a step forward as far as it concerns the setting of the bike and also my riding style, taking full advantage of the time on dry tarmac. The first race was quite messy: on the second lap many riders crashed out, me included, because there was some oil on track. There was a red flag and luckily that gave us the chance to start again and take part in the second race, which was just some laps shorter. We had to change our tyres strategy and eventually I think that things went quite alright with the new decision. We fought for the podium, which was very close and it looked possible to achieve. In the end we finished in fifth spot and I’m quite satisfied. We are making progress, race after race, and now we really feel like we are getting even closer to the top positions, in particular with the aim to try and achieve a victory.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018