Jorge Lorenzo, who started today’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans from the sixth row in sixteenth place, was thirteenth by the end of the opening lap and he then made a good recovery which took him to seventh by lap 18. The Spanish rider then gained one more place on the final lap to finish sixth.
The overall riders’ standings after five rounds see Lorenzo in eighth with 38.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 6th
“Considering my position on the grid and the result of the warm-up, we have to say that it was quite a positive race for us. It’s true that the gap to the winner was pretty big and in some parts of the circuit I was losing a lot, but in general my pace was quite consistent and I didn’t make any errors. In the end we scored a good sixth place, my best result this year after the podium at Jerez, but we must continue to work hard. On Tuesday we’ll be out on track again at Montmeló for a couple of days to try and improve the bike more.”
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018