The French GP was a tribute to the tenacity of Álex Márquez who ignored the pain and discomfort of fracture in his left foot to finish a brave fourth.
Márquez only conceded the final podium position with five laps reaming after a long and tense battle with Lüthi.
Márquez now moves into third place in the championship with 62 points.
Álex Márquez: 4th
“It has been a difficult weekend with the changeable weather and two crashes in practice and then with the pain in my foot for the race. But I think I did a good job and the podium was close but I just couldn’t make it today over the final laps. The main thing is I scored important points for the championship at a circuit where I normally struggle a little. I’m motivated to keep this mentality of scoring good points in every race.”
Source – Marc VDS
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018